This recipe is a work in progress 🙂
- 3/4 cup oats, ground
- 1/2 cup almonds, ground
- 1/2 cup peanuts, ground (or peanut butter powder)
- 1/4 cup inulin powder*
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 egg
*inulin is a slightly-sweet fiber supplement. If you don’t have this, I would sub for 1/4 cup oats or another dry ingredient.
- Preheat oven to 450 °F.
- Grind the oats, almonds, and peanuts in a coffee grinder or food processor.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Stir maple syrup and egg into the dry ingredients. Mixture will be sticky.
- Roll the mixture out between 2 sheets of parchment paper to a thickness of about 1/16 inch.
- Remove the upper piece of parchment paper. With a butter knife (or a thin, blunt pastry tool), cut into squares about 1/2″ to 3/4″ on each side.
- Transfer parchment paper and cereal pieces to a baking sheet.
- Bake 5 minutes (might run this out to 10 next time?). Cereal should be slightly golden on top, but be careful not to burn. They will still be soft (not crunchy) when they come out of the oven.
- Let cool completely.