Adapted from https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/220129/no-knead-beer-bread/.
1/2 cup warm water
1/2 tbsp yeast
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
2 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 tbsp salt
1 bottle (12 oz) beer (I used Samuel Adams Chocolate Bock)
1/4 cup psyllium husk
2 tbsp brown sugar
- Mix the water and yeast.
- Mix the remaining dry ingredients (all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, salt, psyllium husk, and brown sugar).
- Alternatingly add the dry ingredients mixture and beer to the water-yeast mixture.
- Knead the dough for about 10 minutes (or use a Kitchen Aid mixer with a dough hook attachment). Add water or flour as necessary to get a good consistency. The dough should hold its shape but not be too sticky.
- Cover bowl with saran wrap or a dish towel and let the dough rise for 45 min to 1 hour, or until it has about doubled in size.
- Shape the dough and transfer to whatever you plan to bake the bread in, cover, and let rise for 45 min to 1 hour, or until they have about doubled in size.
- Bake at 425° F for about 30-40 min, until it has developed a nice, deep golden crust.
- Transfer bread to a wire rack to cool.